Hello WEV Homeowners,
Over the past several months our new accounting software has sent out notices to all homeowners, those that we have email addresses for, and asked that you please activate your owner portal. We currently have 32% of our homeowners that have activated their portal. In addition, 39% of our homeowners have not provided an email address to our bookkeeper, Suzy Payne.
I get many questions such as “Why should I activate my portal?” Below are the reasons why you should activate your portal:
- You can view your ledger in real time. This means that as soon as a charge is added or a payment is posted, your ledger is updated and you can see all activity hitting your account.
- You can make a one-time payment or set up recurring payments. No need to mail checks any longer. You can pay by E-Check for free, or for a fee you can pay by Credit or Debit card (fees are listed before you initiate the payment). You are not required to make payments online, but it is a great feature.
- You will have access to all shared documents. We share the quarterly newsletter, monthly meeting minutes, and annual financials through the portal.
- The Board is easily able to reach out to homeowners by email with upcoming news, events, or neighborhood issues with the click of a button.
- Once we have your email address, we are able to send your quarterly assessment statement by email rather than by US Postal Service. This saves the HOA and subsequently, all of us money in supplies and postage.
Many folks have said to me that they don’t want to activate the portal because they don’t want to make payments online. I remind everyone, by activating the portal, you are not required to make online payments through the portal. That is a great benefit, but it is just one of many great benefits of the online portal.
If you have not activated the portal, please do so soon so you do not miss out on any shared documents or WEV notifications. If we do not have your email address, please go to our “Contact Us” page and provide your email to our bookkeeper, Suzy. She will then update your information in our software and send you out an activation email.
WEV Board of Directors